Maths Makes Sense
Maths Makes Sense is a consistent, whole-school approach to teaching maths, with high expectations for all, perfectly in line with the aims of the new National Curriculum.
Maths Makes Sense uses a powerful Learning System of concrete objects, exaggerated actions and special vocabulary to build a deep understanding of key mathematical ideas for all children. The practical approach, use of visual images and ICT mean children are engaged and active, and develop a true understanding of mathematics.
Maths Makes Sense transforms children's understanding and enjoyment, encouraging all children to excel and become excited about maths.
Meet Mr Cup!!
Mr Cup is used throughout the school from year 1 to year 5 to help
engage children when teaching Maths
Some GOOD websites-
Skoolbo App- Zippy FX
The content of the curriculum your school follows in each academic year for every subject
- Curriculum Plan- a whole school long term plan. CLICK Here
- General Information about the curriculum. Click here
School Year 2016-17
Exam and Assessment Results (Key stage 2)
The percentage of key stage 2 pupils who achieved:
- The expected standard or above in reading, writing and maths
- Average progress in reading, writing and maths
- An average ‘scaled score’ in reading and maths
- A high level of attainment in reading, writing and maths
Click here to view document with all of the above data.
DfE School Performance Tables
Click here for a link to the school and college performance tables on the DfE website